Mohamed Zanaty, INSTANT-LAB, EPFL, will speak at 4D Printing & Meta Materials Conference, on April 17, during the 3D Printing Event at Brightlands Chemelot Campus in The Netherlands.
In this talk, I will present a novel family of programmable metamaterial based programmable multistable mechanisms (PMM). PMMs are multistable mechanisms where the stability behavior depends on the mechanism boundary conditions. Different examples of PMMs will be presented to illustrate the concept of stability programming.
After that, the integration of these mechanisms within flexure based metamaterial will be explained and potential applications will be discussed, in particular, mechanical computation.
On the manufacturing side, I will present our latest results on PMM manufacturing using 3D femto-laser printing.
Located in Lausanne on the shores of Lake Geneva, EPFL is one of Europe’s most famous science and technology institutions.
EPFL is Europe’s most cosmopolitan technical university. It welcomes students, professors and collaborators of more than 120 nationalities. EPFL has both a Swiss and international vocation and focuses on three missions: teaching, research and innovation.
EPFL collaborates with an important network of partners, including other universities and colleges, secondary schools and gymnasiums, industry and the economy, political circles and the general public, with the aim of having a real impact on society.
About 3D Printing Event
On April 16 and April 17, 2019, Brightlands Chemelot Campus in Sittard-Geleen, The Netherlands, will host a two-day 3D Printing Event
focused on the entire 3D Printing manufacturing value chain from
design to end product. The event will include five dedicated
conferences and an exhibition.
- April 16 – 3D Printing Materials Conference – topics: polymers (new materials), metals and multi materials used in 3D Printing
- April 16 – 3D Design & Engineering Conference
– topics: 3D design & 3D engineering tools / Visualisation tools,
Reverse engineering, Value Engineering / Virtual Engineering, Topology
Optimization, Blockchain & more
- April 17 – 3D Printing Post-Processing Conference – topics: All actions that are performed after parts are removed from a 3D printer – issues, solutions & future trends.
- April 17 – AM Integrated Factory Conference
– topics: Hybrid manufacturing, Implementation of AM systems as part of
an end-to-end production workflow, Implementation of AM systems in the
‘traditional’ production processes
- April 17 – 4D Printing & Meta Materials Conference
– topics: 4D Printing from idea to full functionality, Smart materials,
Applications & opportunities for designing and engineering
- April 16-17 – Exhibition – Companies active in 3D Printing related fields will be present to showcase the latest developments.
For more information about the event and registration, we invite you to visit https://www.3dprintingevent.com/