Two fields emerge strongly:
- 4D Printing offers a streamlined path from idea to full functionality.
- Mechanical meta materials are structured materials with mechanical properties defined by their structure rather than their composition.
Why is this relevant?
These fields offer not only tremendous opportunities for engineers but also for designers as many new applications will arise. Smart materials will solve design/engineering problems, which often arise from limitations of current materials. Applications can range from new materials for shoes and wearables, to applications in robotics and new type of sensors.
The 4D Printing & Meta Materials Conference will not only cover the academic results but will show how designers and engineers will see future applications and new markets.
- 4D Printing from idea to full functionality
- Smart materials / Meta Materials
- Applications & opportunities for designing and engineering
Who should attend?
The 4D Printing & Meta Materials Conference is a platform and information interface enabling an exchange of informations on market requirements, research interests and current results, skills and resources as well as facilitating the building of future partnerships. Academics, engineers, designers, and managers are invited to lecture on their state-of-the-art developments and future prospects or display their products and offers as exhibitor.
The conference is mainly addressed to:
- Research & Development / Innovation management of the 3D Printing Value Chain
- Academic researchers on materials, smart materials, 3d printing etc.
- Material suppliers
- Engineering / Design Software companies
… but is open and of interest to anyone who sees potential in 4D Printing and Meta Materials!
These are highly promising disciplines which develop in a synergistic manner, and which aim at creating entirely new forms of matter, which will lead to applications that have not yet been conceived.
- Exploiting the temperature-memory effect in 3D printed auxetic structures
- Smart Structures via 4D printing of Hydrogel Materials
- Material programming for 4D-printing
- The Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic 3D Printing Podium and our re-use program as acoustic metamaterials
- 3D Printed Modular Soft Grippers Integrated with Metamaterials for Comformal Grasping