We are at the edge of a new episode, where technological breakthroughs allow us to create, investigate and dream of a total new range of structured forms of matter.
Two fields emerge strongly:
- 4D Printing offers a streamlined path from idea to full functionality.
- Mechanical meta materials are structured materials with mechanical properties defined by their structure rather than their composition.
Why is this relevant?
These fields offer not only tremendous opportunities for engineers but also for designers as many new applications will arise. Smart materials will solve design/engineering problems, which often arise from limitations of current materials. Applications can range from new materials for shoes and wearables, to applications in robotics and new type of sensors.
The 4D Printing & Meta Materials Conference will not only cover the academic results but will show how designers and engineers will see future applications and new markets.
- 4D Printing from idea to full functionality
- Smart materials / Meta Materials
- Applications & opportunities for designing and engineering
Who should attend?
The 4D Printing & Meta Materials Conference is a platform and information interface enabling an exchange of informations on market requirements, research interests and current results, skills and resources as well as facilitating the building of future partnerships. Academics, engineers, designers, and managers are invited to lecture on their state-of-the-art developments and future prospects or display their products and offers as exhibitor.
The conference is mainly addressed to:
- Research & Development management of the 3D Printing industry (Hardware, Materials, Software etc.)
- 3D bioprinting researchers
- Material researchers
- Material producers
… but is open and of interest to anyone who sees potential in 4D Printing and Meta Materials!
These are highly promising disciplines which develop in a synergistic manner, and which aim at creating entirely new forms of matter, which will lead to applications that have not yet been conceived.
- From 4D-Printing to Contextual 4D-Design
- The effect of 4D printed internal structure on the shape memory effect of shape memory polymers
- Thermo-Mechanical Metamaterials: Towards Stimuli Responsive Micro-Robotics
- Topology optimization of structures with metamaterials – Presented by Jun Wu, TU Delft
- Smart Composite Structures – Applications in Offshore Energy Generation – Presented by Monssef Drissi-Habti, The French Institute for Transport, IFSTTAR